Trying on your new bra!
Your new bra just arrived, now what?
Follow these quick tips on assessing the fit of your new bra/
- leave the tags on
- make sure your body is clean and dry
- deodorant can mark items, trying on after bathing is safer
- do not wear for over 5 minutes
- if the bra doesn't fit or you don't like it, wrap it right back up and send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to put on the bra/
- hook up in the front on the loosest set of hooks with wires facing up in a 'W' shape
- gently twist around and shimmy up to fit underneath your breasts
- if you do your bra up behind your back, do up the hooks on the loosest row and shimmy the wire up to rest under your bosom
- slip arms through the straps
- reach across your body with one hand into the opposite cup and pull your bosom up and in towards the centre of your body. Repeat on the other side. This helps to ensure your bosom is fully in the cup. You may need to hold the wire in place with the other hand
- gently run your fingers across the top inside of the cup to allow the material to rest against your breast and to reduce the press on the bosom
- make sure the wire is sitting under your bosom - you may need to shimmy the wire up a bit to make this happen
- shrug your shoulders up and down
- try to have about an inch of tension as a starting point
- you may need to tighten or loosen the straps to help the bra to support properly
- straps should be comfortable and can be adjusted at any point
- take a deep breathe
- sit down and lean back
- move your arms back and forth
- try on a shirt
- these steps allow you to assess your comfort in the bra
- breasts are not the same on each side - expect to see small gaping, wrinkling of fabric or space on one side of the cup...especially in lined bras. This is normal.
- there may be a press in the skin at the top of the bosom. Material does not always stretch and will press into skin. This is normal. If it looks good under a shirt, it's ok.
- there may be bosom pillowing out of the bra top and sides and is quite visible under a shirt. This could mean the bra is too small.
I don't think it fits/
- remove the bra, wrap it back up in the tissue and bag it came in and give us an email email@example.com